Now your dog can be a Pikachu!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
-Print the free pattern at the bottom of the page, or use an old dog coat as a pattern. -Appx 2 yards of yellow fabric (fleece was used here) -Red, black, & white felt for face. Brown felt for 2 stripes on back. -Button, snap & velcro were used for neck, hood, & belt closures -Yellow & black thread & sewing machine -Measuring tape, Scissors, pins, marker -Gorilla or super glue -For full costume, see the making of the Pikachu Ears & Pikachu Tail
1. Pin pattern to two layers of yellow fabric with right sides together, and cut out.
2. Sew around coat leaving collar area open. Sew around hood leaving neck open, and sew around belt leaving one end open.
3. After sewing, pull right sides out and top stitch all around, leaving same areas open.
4. Mark the half way mark on the hood and coat, then pin together, and sew.
5. Pin the belt to the belt of the coat and sew.
6. Hand sew on button at neck, sew snap on hood & sew velcro on belt.
7. Cut out red felt using a quarter as a pattern, use a nickel for the black and cut out tiny circles for the white. Trace the shape of the mouth on red felt and cut it out and cut two thin black felt strips.
8. Glue the pieces onto the hood, as so:
9. Pin (safety pins) the ears and tail to the finished costume. See video on how to make Pikachu Ears & Pikachu Tail.